When you or you employees access your firm’s data some things to consider:
1. How secure is their home wi-fi? You’ll want every access to your data to be a secure access
- Is the password a strong password?
- Is the password changed periodically?
- Is anyone else using the computer used to access your firm’s data?
2. When accessing firm data from outside home wi-fi, what are they using?
- Is a “free” wi-fi being used? If so, is it being used in conjunction with a VPN or another secure device?
3. Consider having all devices that have access to your firm’s data reviewed by an IT security consultant to be sure that all entries into your system are secure.