Cybersecurity is a word much in the news of late. The real question for me is – what is it really and what can and should the RIA firm be prepared to address regarding cybersecurity.
With that in mind I give you six critical questions you should know the answers to regarding any data stored in the “cloud.”
1. Where is your data – the actual physical location and any back-uplocations.
2. Who is accessing it – what level of employees (outside your firm) and levels of security at facility(s) where it is stored.
3. What are they doing with it – did you give them any rights to the data (that you may not be aware of)?
4. When is it be available?
5. What if there is a disaster?
6. Who will be responsible for a security incident?