Almost everyone has at least one mobile device being used in their firm. The question is – do you have a Mobile Device Policy? If not, here are a few suggestions for what you might want to include:
1. Can employees use their own personal mobile devices?
2. If employees are using their own personal mobile devices for business purposes – what are they allowed to access? What security do you require? Does someone other than the employee have access to the device and possibly firm-wide systems?
3. What is the protocol if a mobile device is lost or stolen?
4. Require that the mobile device be password protected.
5. Require that the mobile device has remote wipe enabled in the event the device is lost or stolen.
6. How do you determine if the policy is being followed?
I hope this has been helpful!